There is a kind of bacterial growth found generally in the bathroom and is known as “pink mold” though it is nor pink, neither mold. This is actually an orangish colored bacterial growth found in the bathrooms and its presence in the bathroom gives the place a shabby, unclean look. These are pinkish microorganisms accumulating on the grout along the shower tiles, corners of the doors etc.
These are scientifically known as Serratia marcescens and they can trigger urinary system infections and other health issues. A lot of people probably worry as to how to get rid of this substance. Here are some useful tips that will be of some help while cleaning that pink mold of the bathroom floor.
Tips for Cleaning Pink Mold
At times, these pink molds are extremely stubborn and difficult to remove. Cleaning pink mold is necessary for health too, because it can lead to respiratory problems among other health disorders. It is easier to clean molds from non porous materials such as tiles. But it is equally difficult to clean them off porous materials such as carpets and drywells.
Here are a few useful tips for cleaning the pink mold –
- You can start by using a bathroom cleaner. However, at times you will see that bathroom cleaner is not adequate for cleaning the pink mold in bathroom. In such cases you would need scrubs, dipped in sodium bicarbonate and vinegar or bleach.
- You can use hot water, with baking soda, essential oil and a little liquid soap to form a paste. Use the solution to clean the mold with. Use a brush and do a bit of scrubbing which will help to remove the mold.
- Alternatively you can use undiluted mild white vinegar to clean the mold. Put the vinegar in a spray bottle, but do not add water to it and spray it on the surfaces. Let it dry for an hour or so, and then use hot water to clean it up. Rinse dry with a piece of cloth. You can also use vinegar to stop the mold from reappearing. You will just have to spray it, and leave the same to dry. Do this regularly, and you will be able to get rid of the molds.
- Borax can also be used in order to clean mold. It is an inexpensive cleaner, and also known as a natural insecticide. It is also easily available in your local grocery shop. Mix borax with water and before you scrub the surfaces with it, vacuum the area once. After scrubbing with a brush, wipe it clean and let it dry. You can also use some vinegar afterwards to prevent the molds from reappearing.
- If any wooden items have got mold, then it must be cleaned thoroughly and then a mold sealant should be applied on it, to protect it from further appearance from mold.
These are the tips that you can follow while cleaning the molds. But if you are allergic to it, you are advised to look for professional cleaners, who will help you get rid of pink molds.