If you have spacious living space in your home and doesn’t know what to do with it, then utilizing the large living space to enhance the look of your house is a brilliant idea.
Although it is not always easy to decorate large spaces, here are a few ideas for you.
- Look at the rooms the way they are actually designed for multipurpose areas where you can perform several activities simultaneously. Look at the space and determine in what way it will be helpful for you.
- Divide the large space into smaller living areas that will provide different common areas for certain activities like reading or conversation activities. Even you can utilize them for private activities or you can use it as home office.
- Define the spaces with attractive and pleasant colors. But remember to keep a unifying color in the rooms to avoid them appearing like a piecemeal or too busy.
- Ensure that the most expensive piece that you purchase for your rooms are durable and also neutral. Buy such items that are less susceptible to wear and tear so that you don’t have to replace them constantly or as you change the color of your rooms.
The dictionary defines ergonomics as applying science to the design of equipment used in an office that is intended to reduce discomfort and fatigue in order to increase productivity by the employees.
What it actually boils down to is office furniture that is comfortable and lessens the incidents of aching backs and arms.
If you have your office at home or are self employed, you may want to invest in some ergonomic office equipment such as a desk, computer and chairs.
You will be able to work to your full potential when you are comfortable and not fidgeting about to find a way to relieve your aches and pains from sitting in front of a computer all day.
The height of your monitor
If your monitor isn’t at the right height for you it can cause neck strain. If you are sitting too high or too low on your desk to see the monitor properly you are bound to get some pains in the neck and shoulders if you don’t adjust the height properly.
To readjust simply sit comfortably in front of the monitor and look at your screen straight on, then you merely adjust the height of the screen until it is level with your eyes.
Homemakers know that there are certain tasks that you do on a daily basis, chores that can be done weekly and to keep things really sparkling clean some of the larger jobs you often dread on a monthly basis.
If you tackle them on a monthly basis, you will find that when it is time for spring cleaning it won’t be so overwhelming.
- Washing the Windows
- Wash the Area in and Around Your Trash Bin
This is a task that no homemaker wants to tackle, especially when it comes to cleaning the windows on the outside. If your windows are high up be sure you have a ladder and a partner so that an emergency situation can be avoided. Use a soft chamois cloth and if windows are not really dirty, just wipe them down with cool water. If they are grimy and full of marks from wandering little fingers, your best bet is to use commercial spray cleaners for glass.
You may not realize it but the trash bin and its surrounding areas are a hot bed of dirt, grease, food specks and a whole lot of germs. Cleaning the trash pail as well as the areas around it will ensure that no one in your family will become ill from any germs that are hiding in the cracks and crevices.
Does your child literally like aquarium or fishes? Fishes are entertaining and also relaxing creatures of children.
They are even a part of fun in decorating your kid’s bedroom. If you want to turn your child’s bedroom into a fish aquarium, here are few wonderful ideas.
- First of all, consider to paint your child’s room with an aqua colored paint. Remember the carpet that you are going to use in your child’s room should be tan in color.
- On the walls of the room, paint different colors of fishes along with colored bubbles. First use pencil to draw the shape of fish and then paint them with desired colors. You can also include sea shells, corals and other aquatic or underwater plant life and any other things related to aquarium in your child’s room.
- Involve your kids in choosing colors for their room and let them suggest the types of fish pictures they like and want to see in their room.
- For decorating the shelves of your child’s room, you can use real sea shells and set up small and real aquarium to get the theme of aquarium.
You probably won’t be surprised to find that the colors you choose to adorn the interior of your house affect the mood and ambiance of the home itself.
Let’s take a look at the different personalities that your favorite hue evokes.
Bright Colors that Grab
- Red – It has been suggested that the color red can raise your blood pressure and speed up the heart rate and respiration. It should never be a bedroom color. Crimson shades can sometimes make people become irritable so if you are fond of red use it only as splashes of color.
- Orange- Orange can stimulate the appetite. Painting with orange can be difficult with which to live. But you can find many varying shades of orange that will not overpower or overwhelm such as shrimp, coral, Terra cotta and salmon.
- Yellow – Yellow is like a breath of sunshine when you use this color to paint a room. It conveys happiness and it is the ideal choice to use in the bathroom, kitchen or wherever else you feel needs brightening such as a gloomy hallway.
Demure Colors of Darker Shades
Don’t despair if you have a small kitchen and think there is not enough room for all your appliances.
We have a list of some great solutions that are terrific space savers and will have your kitchen organized in no time.
If you are storing your spices on the kitchen counter or even haphazardly in a cabinet why not install a pullout draw especially for storing spices as a pantry.
This way you can store all your spices in one place right near the zone where you cook. With just a glance you will be able to find what you are looking for and when it is found, simply slide the door closed again.
Pots and Pans Storage
There are two ways you can clear the clutter of pots and pans from your kitchen. The first is to hang them from hooks specifically made for cook wear on the ceiling so they are easily seen when they are hung up.
If that idea doesn’t appeal to you, you can find a drawer for pots and pans that fits in with your cabinetry.
January and February are when avid gardeners look to their mailboxes for the spring catalogue of seeds and plants to arrive.
Minds go wandering to warmer days spent in the sun elbows deep in the rich, loamy soil that will bring you a bounty of flowers and vegetables.
Don’t Wait till the Weather Gets Warm
In February there are tasks you can do in order for your garden to flourish when spring has sprung.
Winter pruning of plants that have spent the winter dormant such as wisteria, roses, fruit trees and grapes should be completed before the warm weather strikes. If you do that you are guaranteed to have a garden that is lushly landscaped.
Beware of Plants that are Sensitive to Frost
Plants that are sensitive to the cold such as bougainvillea and citrus plantings need to be protected.
You can use a frost cloth covering made especially for this purpose and don’t take them off until you are sure that the last frost has made its appearance.
If you have hybrid tea roses they will only bloom on wood that is new, so in February get out there and get rid of those old branches so that new ones can sprout.
Getting green is not only great for the environment but it makes you feel good about doing your part to save the earth.
Here are some excellent tips to get your kitchen as green as the grass outside your window.
- Take control of your water flow – You can attach to your kitchen faucet a low flow aerator that mixes air into the flow of water which in turn cuts the usage of water without affecting the water pressure. You can find them at any hardware or home center and they typically cost $10 or less.
- You and Your Dishwasher - You may be surprised to find that when you use the dishwasher to do the dishes the water you use is actually less than if you had done them by hand. This will make a lot of green conscious homemakers very happy! Only run the dishwasher when it is full and choose the setting that will be most energy efficient. Instead of using the heat system to dry your dishes, choose to air dry them instead.
A good combination of kitchen colors can make your kitchen livelier and more appealing.
However, if you pick the wrong colors, it can ruin your kitchen decor.
Before painting your kitchen, ensure that the cabinet colors and wall colors are compatible.
Here are some tips to select colors for the kitchen:
Tips to select kitchen colors
- Cool, neutral and light colors give a sense of space to your kitchen as these colors make the walls seem to be receding.
- White and cream colors represent freshness and cleanliness.
- Dark colors for the walls of the kitchen make the room look smaller.
- Yellow can make you feel happier and bright yellow can attract attention and brighten up your kitchen.
- Gray, when used as a background, can add an air of fine sophistication to the kitchen. This color will enhance any bright color set against it.
- If your kitchen gets more natural light, use strong and bold colors. However, if you have poor natural light, choose lighter more light-reflecting colors.
- If you also have a dining room in the kitchen, paint the wall at the side of the dining table with different colors. Go for orange or red as these colors work as appetizers in the dining room.
Expense dose not necessarily go hand in hand with interior decoration.
You can make great changes in the interior of your house with a minimum expense; you just have to know where to look.
A good place to niche out some beautiful objects at bargain prices is at yard sales.
If you want to make the most out of your money and you have found just the object for your home, wait for the end of the morning and then return to bargain your price, you will probably get a larger discount, you might of course find that it is no longer available, you will have to decide on your priorities.
Trash picking is also a good means of finding interesting objects, many objects such as pieces of furniture that people discard are still in good condition and can be transformed by a little sand papering and paint.
If you prefer to stick to new items, then you will have to shop at department stores, though make sure you wait for the sales, for often many items are overpriced, a little patience will lead to good bargains.