Posted on Feb 12, 2008 | Comments 0
Decorating tips gives you an idea about how to decorate your home to appear beautiful.
Perfect planning is required for decorating your home.
This plan involves setting the budget, tools, priorities, supplies and equipments, floor plan, home themes and styles, repainting, etc.
In order to decorate your home, browse internet and look books and magazines and note the decorative elements you like most. Then change these elements with your own ability to suite your home and your style. Home decorating is a fun task to do. You will enjoy a lot while doing it.
Hiring a professional home decorator can be very expensive. So, to avoid these expenses, you need to consider the following decorating tips. These decorating tips are helpful to decorate or redecorate your home.
Decorating tips for your home decoration:
- First decorating tip is figure out the overall feeling that you desire for the space you are decorating. You need to ask some questions to yourself.
- Are you planning to decorate your kitchen? Then go for food related prints.
- Is the room you are decorating is private, family or casual room?
- Are you planning to generate a room to relax or a place to entertain friends and family?
- These questions will give you an idea and it will help you to decide what type of art work is suitable for the specific room. Art work helps to highlight focal points.
- Decorating with original contemporary art gives a professional touch to your home, small business, office, or any other room.
- One of the decorating tips is select the art work that you like most. It is the most important thing that you need to consider when you are planning to decorate your home. If you are not aware of the specific kinds of art works that is suitable for your home, just browse the web and you will get some idea. Then select the one that you will be living with it happily. Select an art work that characterizes your standards and beliefs or reminds an affirmative emotion or memory.
- Add some accessories to the wall. It makes your room alive and defines its character. You can use accessories like textiles, art work, clocks, wall vases, and plates. These things bring color, texture and dimension to your wall.
- You can readjust the existing wall decoration or you can add new inexpensive wall decorations.
- A home decorating tip to consider is creating an art friendly room. There are no restrictions for displaying and hanging art work.
- Room lighting is also an important decorating tip to consider. Don’t hang art works in straight sunlight as this will fade the piece. Also, don’t hang the art work in a too dark area. If the art work is not suitable for one place then attempt it on another wall.
- Select the patterns and colors that work for the room and choose the style that you desire and for your family and pets.
- Arrange flowers and small potted plants to a room. This will bring life to your room by getting nature inside. Plants soften the stiff lines of furniture, shelves and tables in the room. Flowers and plants makes your room alive.
- Ambience is an ultimate decorating tip in making your house a home. It symbolizes how a room feels and also how it looks.
- A decorating tip to consider is include pleasant scents, music, candle lights, and soft accent lighting help to create a warm and comfortable room.
- Add throw rugs even if your floors are carpeted. A throw rug gives a room a special look, as they can come in unique patterns and vibrant colors. This is an easy-to-do decorating tip.
- Decorating corner in a room is one of the most difficult tasks. For this, use decorative screens in corners.
There are many styles other than these decorating tips from which you can select to decorate your home.
Here are some decorating styles:
It is a heart warming and casual style of home decoration. Plump, ruffles, sofas, and cushions, floral cottons, painted and distressed woods, soft furniture from oak and pine are the features of this style.
It is a truly adapted decorating style that uses both accessories and furniture of different textures, styles, periods and origins. It is a modern decorating style for your house all by yourself in your own way.
This style gives a modern look to your room with bold colors, clean lines, and simple contours as main features. Leather, metal, glass, and slate are classic components of this style.
This is a simple style that is characteristic of country life. This style consists of things made from hardwoods and is often roughly or unfinished. This style is suitable for those who want to give their home a rustic look.
Furniture of this style has a formal, elegant and classic look. This style consists of rich colors, woods, carvings, and curves polished with dark colors.
These decorating tips and styles can work as a guide. Choose the style which you like most and change it or mix and match for your own style and then consider decorating tips. So, which style you prefer to select? Are there any other ideas and tips from your side?