Posted on Feb 09, 2008 | Comments 0
Home lighting is an important part of decorating your home. Your home can look completely different and unique by changing lighting systems.
You can find different brands, styles, models, and sizes of home lighting systems in the market.
Home lighting improves the ambience of your environment. Not only lighting designers or cinematographers can use lighting to improve the room, you too can improve your environment by using the same tips and tricks to look your home more pleasant, idealistic or dramatic.
Home lighting needs a proper plan and design. If you are planning to add new lighting or want to change some lighting in your existing home, you need to set proper plan. This tells about the way you would like to go in terms of the ultimate lighting arrangement throughout your home.
Are you planning for lighting system for your new home? Then you can have the chance to build a widespread, harmonizing lighting plan that is prepared about a particular design or decoration.
Choosing home lighting:
Before choosing home lighting, start by considering your personal tastes. Consider what type of home is suitable for you, like open look, classic, bright or modern look.
- Choose home lighting that is smaller and has large shades crouched on the bulb in order to get a pleasant look, meaning that choose a traditional lamp with a twig that has a glass or paper shade. You can place this lamp near an armchair while you are reading or also position it on the top of a high piece of furniture for example a piano. This gives an ambient, soft glow and nice look to the entire room. Also, lamps that are in yellow or cream shades also gives this pleasant effect.
- The lamp with thin and transparent fabric or tiffany shades spread a soft warm glow as this has colored sheets of glass.
- In order to get a romantic effect, most of the people prefer to use dim lighting. Freestanding wire lamps are quite dim. They are coated with cubic or round shaped Japanese rice paper shades and create the effect when the lights are low down.
- Lamps which are in bulb shape like candlesticksare also used as dimmers and mood lighting. These lightings are the modern trend in fashion. You can adjust the light quality according to your requirement.
- Rose or pink glow shades can radiate most flattering light and are suitable to your skin quality.
When comes to kitchen lighting; kitchen being the place where you put least amount of awareness though it is the most regularly used place in your house. So, you need to choose a right kind of lighting in this room. This means, you need to select the light that is both bright and functional.
Use various small lights to enlighten the main food preparation area and use some low-voltage to emphasize art work such as dinner sets or teapots. Use strip lights in the kitchen as it is one of the most popular trends today.