Are you responsible of scraping your car or any other vehicle, with a shovel or scrape, while you try to cross the narrow spaces between your car and all of the other garbage inside your open garage?
Most of you, if given a chance, would love to expand or enlarge your existing garage with a prefect garage plan.
Here are certain tips for a perfect garage plan for the people who have an opportunity to construct a detached or attached garage of their dreams.
Include these objects in your garage plan:
- First of all confirm yourself, whether you need a two- car garage or a simple tool shed or more than two-car garage. With an obvious idea in your mind, take a look at your existing property and try to find a suitable place for your garage.
- In your garage plan, you must also ensure that your garage has an available drive way and also connection to water and electricity to your house.
- Try to avoid damp areas for the construction of your dream garage, if your land has any damp areas.
- To attain perfect balance in form and function of your garage, you can build a garage to the side of your house. In fact, now-a-days, most people are preferring garages to be attached to their houses.
- Confirm your building permits and local building codes to ensure that you don’t violate any of those rules.
- Choose the right garage flooring.
For the perfect construction of your dream garage, depending on the area you have, the cost can be around $35 to $45 per square foot, if you have a contractor, to get it done for you. Any way, this is not an exact figure, try to check with different contractors to find exact amount required for the construction of your garage.
If you happen to be practical and capable of doing lots of work on your own, then you might be able to get it done for almost half of that total cost. If you have decided to build garage on your own, then you at least need 6 more people to help you out to tilt up the walls of garage.
Add appropriate windows and doors in your garage plan!
Garage doors takes valuable wall space in your garage plan, but the overall convenience can be worthy. Though the doors and windows occupy valuable wall space of your garage, they provide you with lots of light and also air into your garage.
But be aware! These doors and windows can provide a way for the strangers to view your possessions. There is possibility for the natural light to stream into your garage space, if you add inexpensive and also leak proof sky lights in your garage plan.
Be attentive while choosing exterior surface!
If your finance starts to get tight, then try a multi-colored vinyl siding to cover the exterior surface of your garage, which when sighted from a distance of more than 20 feet, they will usually give an expensive cedar or redwood look to the exterior surface of your garage.
Consider these simple tips while planning for your dream garage and get a good look for your garage and also to your home as well.