Are you planning to decorate kids’ room? Kids’ room is a space where your kid performs several activities, from playing games, reading books, drawing to sleeping and day-dreaming.
So, decorate the room in a way that your children will love very much!
Planning for decorating your kid’s room can sometimes create confusion, with the countless options on hand today.
Useful Guidelines For Decorating Kids’ Room:
- Prior to decorating your kid’s room, talk to your child and determine what kind of activities your kid prefers; the favorite color and the theme to develop.
- It’s a great idea to involve your child in decorating their room. This allows in decorating kid room according to your child taste as well as interests.
- Create the room decoration multi-functional. This is because your kid can make use of the room for several activities. So, plan carefully and decorate the room with multiple zones–a play area, study area, and amusement area.
- Storage is the most essential factor in kid room. So, give a high priority to storage. You have several innovative ways to conceal the clutter. Decorate the room with wicker baskets, closets, racks and plastic see-through containers with plenty of shelves and racks. Prefer shelving on top of the desk to place books, dictionaries and the gifts and awards of your child. This can inspire your child all the time.
- Selecting the right furniture for the kid room is vital. The furniture for decorating your kid room should include the products that are specially designed for kids. Pick the furniture that is more durable, convenient, maintainable and easy to clean. For example, while picking a desk for your kid room, look for its quality and functionality.
- Proper lighting is more important for any room. The lighting in your kid room should be multi-functional – a task lighting for studying and doing homework and soothing light for cool effect. Choose a good central ceiling light for all-purpose room lighting. A night light is also essential to avoid the darkness in the room at nights.
- The window decoration of kid room should be very simple. Prefer shorter curtains instead of long hangings. The material you choose for curtain need to be flexible, easily washable and maintainable. Moreover, the fabric selection should match with other room equipment such as pillows, beds, and lampshades.
- The color of the walls should be bright and colorful. Decorate the walls using Disney fairies stickers, wall hangings, wall murals, and photograph laminations. It is a great idea to use wall paint or paper to add color and texture to it. Also, stick fancy borders along the edges for more beautiful look. Decorate the ceiling of the room with a painting of clouds or stars for an illusion of sky.
- The theme for the room decoration needs to be perfect. The themes for decorating kid room are available in wide varieties, including angels, animals, sports, rainbows, vehicles, underwater scenery, and dinosaurs.
So, be ready to decorate your kid room with these guidelines and have fun doing it.