Here are a few tips to make your home inviting and pleasurable:
Tips to make your home inviting
- Clear all clutter such as books, newspapers, magazines, pens, paperwork and boxes. Keep a tray for necessary things like sunglasses, keys, cell phones etc.
- Clean the carpets and sprinkle carpet powder for an appealing scent.
- Keep house plants that can be maintained easily for decorative purpose.
- Light candles that appeal to you and preferably have a fragrance.
- Keep some interesting paintings on the walls and emphasize them with more light.
- Select a place and keep a full-size mirror as it makes the room look larger.
- Always make sure there is a vase of fresh flowers available such as lilies, roses and jasmines. These vases can be kept in any room, on the window sill, shelves or tables.
- There is no need to buy brand new furniture, simply move some of the old furniture from the room as it can make a big difference.
- Use color tones that are appealing, inviting and make the home look pleasant all round.