Painting is one of the easiest ways to add a new look to your wooden furniture.
You can choose any color of rainbow and paints that are both durable and inexpensive.
If you have never painted your wooden furniture before, these tips will certainly help you:
- Check the structure of your wooden furniture carefully. If you find any fault in the structure, try to fix it before starting your painting project.
- If you want to paint your wooden furniture like a professional, it is essential to clean it thoroughly, so that the paint adheres to the wood properly. Ensure that your wood furniture is free from dust, oil, grease and other contaminants.
- Set up your working in a well-ventilated part of your house, in order to prevent undesired accidents in your painting project.
- After setting up, apply a coat of your desired primer and if you are not satisfied with the look, add one more coating. This helps to enhance the actual look of your wooden furniture after painting the actual color.
- It takes one to two hours for the primer to feel dry to the touch. If you are not sure, check the recommended drying time for the primer on the can of the primer.
- Use long, slow and gentle strokes to paint your wood furniture. Always paint in the direction of grain of the wood and evenly apply each coat.