There are several important factors to be considered when you are planning to buy an air conditioner for your bedroom.
Amongst these is the size of your bedroom, the number of windows it has, and so on.
Here are a few tips that will help you make your decision; remember, this is a decision that must not be taken lightly.
A good air conditioner will service you for a long time, and unless you know what you are looking for, there is no point in simply buying an expensive one, or a sleek looking one, in the hope that it will work well for you.
- The size of the room is very important; if your bedroom is a small one then the kW capacity must be well suited for it, and vice versa. Remember; only the appropriate kW capacity will be able to give you the cooling you wanted or needed. A bedroom of, say, fifteen square meters, would need an air conditioner that has a heating and a cooling capacity of 1650 watts.
- You could opt for the latest digital technology enabled air conditioners for your bedroom. This technology will not only improve the basic air conditioning that the unit is expected to perform, but it also has precise temperature control, thereby saving you a bit on your electricity bills.
- Also check out these features on the air conditioner that you have zeroed in upon:
- The cooling system, whether it is powerful, or weak.
- Its operation: whether it makes a lot of noise, or whether it is quiet. The quieter it is, the better it is for you and your family.
- Does it have an automatic thermostat?
- Does it have multi speed fans, a feature required for most good air conditioners?
- Does it have a directional air control feature?
- What sort of ventilation facilities does the air conditioner have?
- Does it have a dehumidification facility?
- Would it be easy to clean its filters, or would it be inaccessible?
- Does it have the all important reverse cycle operation, to provide heat during winters, as well as cooling during summers? Remember; the reverse cycle operation is one of the most cost effective types of heating you can have for your home.
Think hard and plan out everything before you enter the stores selling air conditioners. After all, the machine has to serve you efficiently for a long time, and you have to remain cool or warm as the weather dictates, through the years.