Posted on Sep 29, 2011 | Comments 0
In case you would like to become a professional regarding solar panel installation, you have more choices now than ever. You could attend trade school or college and there are also solar programs that cost about $500-$1500 per class.
In case you opt for attending a trading school, you should know that the first entry path is based on four years of installing these kinds of systems and being the responsible person.
The advantage of having experience is that you could substitute levels of training and education for years of experience.
Nonetheless you should be prepared for the fact that there is a prerequisite of at least one year of experience in actual installation in case of every category (there are seven of them).
According to the core principal of the NABCEP certified installers, every certified person should have actual experience on the job, performing an installation. In order to meet the prerequisites, there is need for at least one of the following combinations:
- Four years of installing solar systems.
- Two years of installing solar systems and having attended a Solar Panel PV Training program that is board recognized.
- One year of installing solar systems and being an existing licensed contractor with solid knowledge regarding solar or electrical construction.
- Four years of experience regarding electrical construction while working for a licensed contractor and also having one year of experience regarding installing solar systems.
- Three years of experience in electrical construction trade as an apprentice and also one year of experience regarding installing solar systems.
- Two years of experience regarding electrical construction or electrical engineering technology or renewable energy technology degree from an educational institution and one year of experience regarding installing PV systems.
- Four years of experience in construction or engineering degree from an educational institution and also one year of experience regarding the installing of PV systems.
In case you are totally new to this field, there are several college options that you should take into consideration. As an example, the San Juan College offers a program regarding renewable energy and you also have the possibility to choose the one year or the two year program.
There is also a certification course offered by Hudson Valley Community College. This program isn’t as long as the others, but the disadvantage is that it could not be as in depth as the other programs.
As you can see, it is not that difficult to become a certified PV systems installer. You just need to go to college or to take part in some training. You could have seen that one of the most important things that you need to do the job is experience. In case you have been working with solar systems before and you have experience with them, this may be the career opportunity that you have always been looking for.
The competition among the contractors isn’t as big as you might think, and you can be sure that there is enough work for everybody in this work field.
Posted in: HOME ACCESSORIES