Are you worried about energy bills? Every individual works hard to save money and doesn’t like to spend it on unnecessary things, particularly energy bills.
In order to save money on your energy bills, it is essential for you to make your home energy-efficient.
- Replace refrigerator: Your refrigerator is one of the biggest appliances in the home and consumes much energy. Energy-efficient refrigerators are now available, so choose one that meets your needs and save energy at the same time.
- Lighting: If you feel the lighting in your house is the main cause of raising energy bills, compact fluorescent bulbs are probably the best choice for you. Even though they cost more, they can certainly help you to make your home more energy-efficient.
- Use compressed insulation: Energy saving greatly depends on the thickness of the insulation you use for your home. Therefore, allow the insulation to be compressed, so that it can retain its original thickness. You can also increase the effectiveness of your insulation to save energy.
- Plant shade trees: This is one of the best ways to save energy in your home. Trees can protect you from the strongest sun rays and stifle freezing winds. As a result, you can save money on air conditioners or room heaters in your energy bill.
Do you want to beautify your home garden? If you really want to make it look great, there are just a few basic rules which need to be followed.
Even the design of your garden is important.
Here are a few clues that can make your garden look gorgeous:
Some plants require lighting while others don’t. Try to provide proper lighting for plants that desperately need it.
It is just as important to protect plants that don’t need too much sunlight, so make sure you keep such plants in shady areas of your garden. This can ensure healthy growth for your plants and helps to enhance the look of your garden.
Examine drainage patterns to determine the type of soil. Choose the soil according to the type of plants that you want to grow in your garden.
Group all annuals and perennials together
Grouping similar plants is a wonderful way to keep your garden looking beautiful. Plant all perennials at one place and annuals at another. Annuals live for only one year, so it is advisable to plant all annuals together.
Choose color schemes
Are you worried about energy saving in winter?
If you are really worried about energy saving in winter months, then you have to prepare your home before winter strikes.
Here are few recommended tips to save energy in winter.
- Many homes actually lose valuable heat present because of leaks. Survey your home for air leaks that can lead to heat seepage during winter. Especially, windows and doors are common places for air leaks.
- Insulate your house well and cover walls, floors as well as ceilings of your home with best insulating materials. This can help you effectively to prevent heat seepage from your home and consequently reduces fuel bills.
- When you are using a fireplace to warm the room, ensure that you turndown the heaters or any other room heating systems.
- Install a programmable thermostat in your house and set it to lower temperatures whenever your house is unoccupied and also at night. You can also wear sweaters and socks indoors when you lower thermostat to keep yourself warm.
- Seal off unoccupied or unused rooms of your home, particularly when you are using a thermostat. Keep wall registers and doors closed when any home heating systems are running on.
Unless you are desperate kind of person, you probably don’t enjoy cleaning your house.
However, if you really feel house cleaning as a monstrous and tedious job, here are few quick tips that can hopefully help you to keep your house clean always.
- Eliminate things that you don’t use
- Clean regularly
- Hire a helper
- Assign duties to every member of family
Get rid of stuff that you don’t use often, particularly if you have small living space. Unused items can occupy extra space in your home and adds extra work in cleaning process. So, eliminate all unused items in house. This helps you to make your house attractive and also clean always.
If you try to clean your house once in a while, it definitely involves lot of hard work and effort to clean clutter in your house. So, keep a schedule and spend at least 20 minutes every day to clean your house.
Cleaning alone can be extremely tedious process, so you can hire a helper. This will be extremely important if you are cleaning your home once or twice in a week.
You can involve your kids and other members in your family to keep your house clean and tidy all the time. Assign every day chores to every individual in your home which makes cleaning process much easy for every one.
When designing bathroom for your new home or while remodeling your bathroom, you have to make right choice in selecting mirror to enhance its look.
From antique style to modern age look, there are many designs available in bathroom mirrors. You have to select right one for your bathroom.
- Decorative mirrors add style and uniqueness to the look of bathroom. While purchasing mirrors for bathroom, ensure that the color and style of the mirror matches with the design and lighting system for bathroom.
- Most of the decorative mirrors are available in different sizes and forms including oval, round and rectangular shape with or without frame. So, select the one that matches the style of your bathroom.
- You can attach an overhanging light to the mirror to enhance its beauty and ensure that the basin furniture is not much lengthy.
- Wall mounted mirrors are great options to get dramatic look to your bathroom. Prefer frameless mirrors along with inset lighting system to add modern look. Even hanging mirrors can help to give sophisticated expression for bathroom.
- Apart from giving luxurious look to bathroom, bathroom mirrors also offer functionality that will perfectly fit into your daily routine.
Do you always wanted a fireplace in your home, but your apartment or house doesn’t have option for chimney? Electric fireplaces are best options for you.
Electric fireplaces are easy to install and are relatively inexpensive way to add personality and warmth to room.
Here are few reasons for selecting electric fireplaces to your house.
Unlike traditional fireplaces, they don’t emit any fumes or gases out and doesn’t pollute environment.
As they run with the help of electricity, electric fireplaces are quite more environment friendly options when compared to traditional fireplaces.
Easy to install
When compared with traditional wood or gas fireplaces, electric fireplaces can be installed easily. They don’t even occupy extra space because they can be easily mounted against walls of your room.
Do you hate to put fire to your fireplace when you are sleeping? With electric fireplaces, there is no such inconvenience. Almost all electric fireplaces come with remote control system. In addition, they also have built in temperature readers that makes the fireplace automatically turnoff when there is desired temperature in your room.
When you want a romantic look for a bedroom [Bedroom Designs], it must be essentially a feminine one that combines both luxury and tradition.
If you wonder how to include this great combination of luxury as well as tradition, here are few ideas for you.
Be careful with color coordination
Select right colors for your bedroom by keeping the style and look of your bedroom in mind. Even though different design patterns have different colors, right color coordination is extremely important to get desired look for room. Prefer pretty colors that add a soft mood to the room.
Display personal treasures
Bedroom will have plenty of scope for you to display your personal treasures and memories; in fact it is the perfect place where you can display your favorite possessions.
So, you can include photo frames, scented candles, perfume bottles and also colored crystals to get romantic look for bedroom.
Design adjustable lighting
You can create adjustable lighting system in bedroom to create ambience that matches different moods. You can arrange table lamps, floor lamps, ceiling lights and also candles to get desired look in the room according to your mood.
When you are allergic to chemicals in cleaning products or if you don’t want to spend too much money on cleaning products, it would be better for you to choose homemade cleaning products.
There are many things in your kitchen that can be used for housecleaning purpose. Check out some of those natural and homemade cleaning products.
Baking soda is simple yet effective way to clean tough stains on surfaces of your home. You can use it directly or mix it with water for cleaning stains. Leave baking soda on sites of stain for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it off with water.
White vinegar is all purpose cleaning agent that has been used by many households for cleaning their homes. It is an excellent stain remover on floors, sinks, counter tops and stovetops.
If you have sensitive skin, add half cup of vinegar to rinse cycle along with laundry detergent. This will act as natural fabric softener for your clothes.
Lemon juice is another natural ingredient that you can use to clean your home. Mix lemon juice and vinegar to baking soda for making cleaning paste.
Regardless of how much effort you put into your dream house design and decoration, improper lighting system can certainly ruin your entire hard work.
A good lighting system can add extra spark and glamour to your house. Here are few techniques to enhance lighting system in your house.
- Install chandeliers
- Use lamps to highlight spaces
- Hang pendant lights
Chandeliers are brilliant options to add warmth and glow to your room. Since many years there is lot of development in forms and functions of chandeliers. The most important thing that you have to consider in selecting and purchasing chandeliers is durability. You can install chandeliers in any room of your house including dining, bedroom and living room.
When you are trying for stylish and elegant look for your home, you can install lamps to highlight specific spots of your home. Even floor lamps can help you to illuminate particular areas of house. They are good choice for rooms which provide fun and entertainment for family gatherings.
Pendant lights are simply single dazzling lights which can become the main focal point of the room. In many aspects they are quite similar to chandeliers, despite of being available in smaller scale comparatively.
There are several important factors to be considered when you are planning to buy an air conditioner for your bedroom.
Amongst these is the size of your bedroom, the number of windows it has, and so on.
Here are a few tips that will help you make your decision; remember, this is a decision that must not be taken lightly.
A good air conditioner will service you for a long time, and unless you know what you are looking for, there is no point in simply buying an expensive one, or a sleek looking one, in the hope that it will work well for you.
- The size of the room is very important; if your bedroom is a small one then the kW capacity must be well suited for it, and vice versa. Remember; only the appropriate kW capacity will be able to give you the cooling you wanted or needed. A bedroom of, say, fifteen square meters, would need an air conditioner that has a heating and a cooling capacity of 1650 watts.